Saturday, November 01, 2014

Medical Marijuana Supporters In LaBelle Today

LABELLE, FL. -- A group of medical marijuana supporters met today on State Road 80 and Bridge Street in downtown LaBelle showing signs in support of voting "yes" for Florida's Amendment 2.

Organizer Paul Harper of Naples has for several weeks been showing support on the streets of Southwest Florida and on his Facebook pages. 

Harper who grew up in Hendry county, posted on Facebook after today rally,  "I am proud of you all and you all are on the right side of history on this issue. Defining moment of the rally was when we moved up into the main intersection that Commissioner Harris was standing on. I guess he felt obligated as a public servant to tell me what corner of the intersection I could stand on in which I replied 'I'm pretty sure I can stand on this corner' and continued to do. so. Despite all the positive responses from the traffic he decided to go stand on the very corner he told me I should stand on."

Photo courtesy Arlene Harper

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Voting no on Amendment 2. This is something that nee to be statutorily addressed with changes in the existing laws - not as a Constitutional Amendment. Our State Constitution needs to be left alone except for things that affect all Floridians. This issue does not.

    ReplyDelete