Tuesday, June 20, 2023

'Hardship Relief Program' Scam Alert

LABELLE, FL. -- Many are receiving emails from "Advertising Services" in Albuquarque N.M. along these lines:

"Hi it’s Thorin with the Hardship Relief Program. We tried reaching you at your home and did not hear back... I'm not sure if you’ve spoken to an assigned agent yet, but I do see that you’re pre-approved for our Hardship Program, so what I’m going to do is keep this in a pending status. Please give me a call between the hours of 10am and 8pm EST, so we can go over the details. My phone number is: 85‎5‎-92‎6-‎4937, Thank you, Thorin Ferrick - Hardship Relief Program"

At the bottom is the message:

"Advertising Services, PO Box 249 #57223, Albuquerque, NM 87103 ..... We're a marketing company. To contact the company listed you can dial the number listed above. If you would like to get off our marketing list, go to the URL below and enter your emailaddress 'remove-me-now.org'

Our Advice: Beware of calling any phone numbers or responding to similar messages as most likely they're attempting to sell you something under the guise that you are "pre-approved" for something although this email didn't spell out exactly what you're approved for. 

With many families experiencing some sort of "hardship" it's easy to get fooled by companies like this.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:49 AM

    Thanks for sharing! I was just reading an email like this, it's so weird and labelled like spam. Luckily I google it and find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:23 PM

    I just got an email like this and glad I double checked. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete