Friday, January 05, 2018

Scam Money Returns By Federal Trade Commission

Time is running out to obtain partial refunds for people who lost money through online and phone scams in the last 13 years and used Western Union to send the funds to the scammers. The amount of refund will depend on how many people apply and verification of the claim. The Federal Trade Commission says.

"If you lost money to a scammer who had you pay using Western Union between January 1, 2004 and January 19, 2017, you can now file a claim to get your money back. To submit your claim, start with one of these two options from the Federal Trade Commission:

I got a pre-filled claim form.

I didn't get a claim form.

You must submit a claim by February 12, 2018."
(The links above are only graphics and do not go to the website)
To file your claim go to this web link for the Federal Trade Commission website for refund applications; Western Union Refund Application

No comments:

Post a Comment