MOORE HAVEN, FL. --- We just recently celebrated Veterans Day by showing our gratitude to the service men and women who sacrificed much to ensure that our great nation remains free.
Florida voters have recognized the sacrifices made by America’s brave soldiers by approving several property tax exemptions to qualifying veterans and their surviving spouses.
If you qualify for one or more of these exemptions please contact your property appraiser's office.
- Disabled Veteran - An ex-service member disabled at least 10% in war or service connected events.
- Veteran Service-Connected Total & Permanent Disability or Wheelchair Confined
- Surviving Spouse of Military Veteran Who Died in the Line of Duty
- Veteran age 65 and Older with a Combat-Related Disability – This is in addition to any other Veteran’s property tax exemption.
- Deployed Military Exemption – Deployed during the last calendar year outside the United States, in support of a designated operation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call, email or visit your property appraiser's office.
Election Results of Amendments 1 & 2:
Amendment 1: Homestead Exemption Increase (DID NOT PASS)
Amendment 2: Permanent Cap on Non-homestead Property Assessment Increases (PASSED)
-Submitted by Lori Ward, Glades County Property Appraiser