State Road 80 Improvements to be Discussed Nov. 19
BELLE GLADE, FL. -- The Florida Department of Transportation will hold a public meeting to discuss proposed improvements to be made to S.R. 80 from the U.S. 27 intersection in South Bay to the Canal No. 2 culvert, located 2-1/2 miles east in Belle Glade. The meeting will be held Monday, Nov. 19, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Belle Glade City Hall, Commission Chambers, 110 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard
The improvements include:
· Milling and repaving the roadway throughout the project limits;
· Adding new sidewalk on the south side of the road from Mile Post 0.5 to S.R. 715;
· Modifying the median drainage structure at the south leg of the Glades Central High School intersection;
· Upgrading the existing signs and pavement markings;
· Upgrading the existing traffic signals;
· Upgrading sidewalks and driveway connections to ADA standards;
· Installing landscaping and irrigation within the city limits in South Bay and Belle Glade; and
· Flatten slope of grassed area of the bus stop on the north side, west of the New River Canal bridge.
Construction is expected to begin in March 2009 and to be completed in March 2010. The estimated construction cost is $3.7 million.
The meeting will have an informal format. Representatives from FDOT will be available throughout the meeting to discuss the project, answer questions and listen to public concerns.