Debris removal services will be completing their final pass for horticulture debris pick up on public roads in the Cities of Clewiston and LaBelle beginning .
Residents living on public roads in these areas are asked to put their debris by the road for this final pickup.
Residents are asked to stack and separate debris for efficient pick up as seen in the graphic below:
Household hazardous waste items should NOT be placed with debris. It must be taken to the household hazardous waste facilities which are located on both sides of the County.
· LaBelle - 1360 Forestry Division Road, LaBelle, FL. 33935
· Clewiston - 1381 Evercane Road, Clewiston, FL. 33440
Household hazardous waste items include:
· Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides & Insecticides
· Batteries, all types
· Liquid Paint & Thinners
· Motor Oil, Brake & Transmission Fluid, Gasoline & Antifreeze
· Solvents & Degreasers
· Nail Polish & Remover
· Oven & Drain Cleaners
· Mildew Removers
· Swimming Pool Chemicals
· Cleansers: Upholstery/All Purpose, etc.
· Fluorescent Tubes (Containing Mercury)
· Thermometers (Containing Mercury)
For more information on household hazardous waste, please visit: www.hendryfla.net/household_
Since beginning work on September 22, debris haulers contracted by Hendry County have picked up 198,300 cubic yards of debris throughout the County.
Debris pick-up is now occurring on private roads with permission from HOA and POA.
The County is working to obtain right of entry for Phillips Road and will have Hendry County employees on site to help expedite processing right of entry forms.