Friday, October 27, 2017

Disaster Employment Assistance Ends Oct 31 - $275 For 26 Weeks Possible

The Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) Program provides assistance to businesses and residents whose employment or self-employment was lost or interrupted as a result of Hurricane Irma. To apply for DUA, go to or call the Florida Disaster Unemployment Assistance Line at 1-800-385-3920.

The rather complicated rules and procedures to qualify, if passed garners an applicant up to $275 weekly for 26 months. The program is designed for those who can't qualify for normal unemployment benefits, i.e. self-employed persons as well as other suffering due to disaster.

To file a claim for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) due to Hurricane Irma please click HERE.

To be eligible for DUA, you must file your claim by Tuesday, October 31, 2017, for the following counties:

Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Charlotte, Citrus, Clay, Collier, Columbia, DeSoto, Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lafayette, Levy, Lake, Lee, Manatee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Okeechobee, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, St. Johns, St. Lucie, Sarasota, Seminole, Sumter, Suwannee, Union and Volusia.

If you need assistance with filing your initial DUA application, please call 1-800-385-3920. For any other questions about your DUA claim, please call 1-800-204-2418.

If you need to submit Proof of Earnings for a DUA claim, please upload the documents through your CONNECT inbox or fax to 1-800-222-7934.

As of September 30, 2017, the DUA line will extend its hours to include Saturdays 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sundays 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., in addition to our normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.


You must provide the following information to complete your application:
Social Security number.
Alien registration number and expiration date (if applicable).
Name and address of your last employer.
If you worked in another state during the past two years, have the name and address of the out-of-state employer.
If self-employed and have proof of self-employment for the past two years. (For example, W-2 statements, state or federal tax returns, bank records of accounts, statement from a bank showing your business account, or a copy of title or deed to a business property.)
If you were scheduled to work but could not work due to the disaster, you must have the name and address of the employer and date you were scheduled to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment