Thursday, August 06, 2015

Vehicle Vs. Bear On I-75

NAPLES, FL. -- Jerome Edward McQueen, 59 of Ft. Washington, MD hit a bear while driving on I-75 in Collier County Thursday afternoon about 2:50 p.m.

His 2010 Jeep Liberty was traveling west on I-75 (SR 93) near MM 92 in the outside lane while a black bear was traveling south on the north grass shoulder approaching the roadway.

As the Jeep was traveling in the outside lane, the black bear traveled across the paved shoulder and into the roadway in the direct path of the vehicle. As a result, the Jeep's front right made contact with  the black bear.

The black bear came to final rest on the north paved shoulder of I-75 near MM 92. The vehicle came to a controlled stop on the north paved shoulder of I-75 approximately 300 ft. from the area of collision.

There were no injuries to McQueen or his passenger Arlete Louise Mcqueen, 55 of Ft. Washington. The FHP did not report on the condition of the bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment