Sunday, September 10, 2017

Report From Florida - Hurricane Irma

LABELLE, FL. -- The center of the storm is 160 miles directly south of me at this moment at 7 a.m. We can't have a 100% surety of what it will do in the coming 18 hours or so as it can "wobble" from side to side and be not totally predictable except for perhaps when it only an hour or two from any particular location which in my case would be about 5 p.m. or so.

Winds are about 20 mph in my area, Expected to raise significantly by this afternoon. I find the best weather radar and winds online are at http://www.intellicast.com/local/wxmap.aspx

The National Hurricane Service makes it's main reports available online at 5 and 11, four times a day so we watch carefully at those times to see the position and forecast track and winds. But, when the electric goes out here later today, I'll have to rely on radio reports. Fortunately, there are many Fort Myers stations broadcasting via radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment