Thursday, June 1st
John Boy Senior Citizen Community Center
1200 S. WC Owens Avenue
Clewiston, FL 33440
Dallas B. Townsend Agricultural Center
1085 Pratt Boulevard
LaBelle, FL 33935
750 South 5th Street
Immokalee, FL 34142
What does this program do?
This program provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve, or modernize their homes or provides grants to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards.
Who may apply for this program?
To qualify, you must:
• Be the homeowner and occupy the house
• Be unable to obtain affordable credit elsewhere
• Have a family income below 50 percent of the area median income
• For grants, be age 62 or older and not be able to repay a repair loan
How may funds be used?
• Loans may be used to repair, improve, or modernize homes or to remove health and safety hazards.
• Grants must be used to remove health and safety hazards.
How much money can I get?
• Maximum loan is $20,000.
• Maximum grant is $7,500.
• Loans and grants can be combined for up to $27,500 in assistance.
What are the terms of the loan or grant?
• Loans can be repaid over 20 years
• Loan interest rate is fixed at 1%.
A USDA representative will provide an overview of the 504 Home Repair Program, answer questions, and provide information on the application process.