Sunday, January 09, 2011

Owen Luckey Sr. Dies At 89

Owen L. Luckey, Sr. died January 5, 2011 at the age of 89. He was a fifth generation Floridian and a genuine Florida Cracker.

He was a combat engineer in World War II and participated in the invasion of France, Belgium, Holland and Germany. He was decorated during the Battle of the Bulge.

He was born Feb. 1, 1921 in LaBelle, the son of the late Stafford Owen and Susie Irene Luckey.

Survivors include his wife: Alfreda (Knighton) Luckey, one son: Owen L. (Kathleen) Luckey, Jr., two daughters: Dianne (Jack) Jackman and Regina Johnson, grandchildren: Tammy Jackman, Cecil Jackman, James O. Luckey, Jennifer Pierce and Mary Pringle,. He was preceded in death by his son, James Alfred Luckey who was killed in action in the Vietnam War.

Funeral services will be held Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 10:00 a.m. at Crossroads Baptist Church, 10721 Palm Beach Blvd, Fort Myers with Rev. James Daniels officiating. Interment will follow at Fort Myers Cemetery, Fort Myers. Visitation will be Monday from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Akin-Davis Funeral Home, Fort Myers.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Cousins; Alfreda and family. I just came across this obit. I recently heard of Owen,Sr's death. I regret that I didn't learn of his death before the funeral. It would have been an honor to attend and show due respect to one whom I only casually knew but was favorably impressed by.
    Heart-felt condolences go out to the whole Owen Luckey family. Sincerely, Sherman Luckey (Herbert's son)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had once met Mr Owen Lemuel Luckey Jr whom told me about his brother and wished it was he that died in vietnam and not his brother. Mr Owen Lemuel Luckey Jr carved his fingernails with a buck knife when I met him in 1996. I told him the Gulf War wasnt over at that time and that we'd return to police the country. I also cracked up on he and his family when I was dumped by his daughter Mary. I was smoking hemp to get rid of night scares which was way to much for the family to handle. I cured myself of the night scares and skin cancer using illegal medicinal hemp oil. Mr Owen L. Luckey, Jr. told me he hosted huge bbq gatherings for friends and clients, and showed me his technique and skill. To this day, I bbq the way this swamp cabbage Real Florida Cracker taught me. Although, I had no interest in Law nor to take over his business for I thought his talented son "Jimi" would do that someday. Traditional towns as LaBelle are a hard find these days. I hope your town still upholds the customs from the very beginning. For at that time, LaBelle was charted on faith in Yesu, Yahwey's son. Make sure your churches do not follow this chrislam movement. I beseach you all to keep very strong this day forward as the last 2 signs progress. I turned my heart to Yesu 1st, then family as I sold my home, cars, property, wealthy IT career: left home to bring family here to a new home. And now I must leave them to walk with the message here where I am treated in Dhimitude by the govt and people that reside here now.

    ReplyDelete