Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Okeechobee Man Charged In Unfair Pricing

The Florida State Attorneys Office has charged with overpricing generators
to strom victims, John Charles Mikell, 47, and his
22-year-old son John Tate Mikell. They traveled to the Santa Rosa County
town of
Milton and sold Contractor brand generators from a pickup truck and horse
trailer parked on a roadside. The men sold 22 generators for $650 each,
more than double their retail price. The Mikells obtained the generators on
consignment from a friend, Frank DeCarlo, 46, who was to receive a share of
the proceeds from each generator sold. J.C. Mikell lives in Williston in
Levy County, J.T. Mikell lives in Archer in Alachua County, and DeCarlo
lives in Okeechobee in Okeechobee County.


Investigators for the Attorney General's Office observed the Mikells
on September 20 as they sold generators at the intersection of State Road
90 and Mary Street in Milton. A large sign indicated a selling price of
$650. Investigators determined that the manufacturer's suggested retail
price for that model generator is $299.99, meaning the price offered for
the generators was more than double the retail price


4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I was searching through blogs to see how to create a blog. I like your blog. I was wondering if I should write about suffolk county camping to add to my website.

    Thank you,

    Lon

    ReplyDelete
  2. medical schools in florida surfing tonight I saw your blog. I liked it and wondered how you did that? Anyway, its a cool medical schools in florida site...

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I like your blog!. I have a blog about used camper trailer for sale.
    Stop by and check it out sometime at used camper trailer for sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
    you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
    zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
    a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

    ReplyDelete