All Hendry County Government offices will be closed at noon Thursday,
September 2 and all day Friday, September 3, 2004, due to Hurricane Frances.
All Hendry County residents are urged to take due caution. Monday office
will be closed for Labor Day as well. Advanced precautions include:
1. Evacuation Procedures. (supplies to take with you and where)
2. Stock enough non-perishable supplies such as water for each person to
last for up to 72 hrs.
3. Establish contacts with family and friends and meeting places after the
4. Plan on what to do with your pets or livestock.
5. Fill up vehicles and fuel powered items.
6. Have copies of all insurance policies and important papers. (i.e. medical