Sunday, April 03, 2005

Financial Officer Quits At Alico

LABELLE, Fl. (March 28, 2005) -- Craig Simmons has resigned as Chief Financial Officer of Alico, Inc., effective April 15, 2005. Mr. Simmons informed the company that he would be pursuing a career in financial services. The company has initiated a search to find his replacement. Craig Simmons stated, "I have enjoyed my 15-year tenure at Alico and will miss the friends and associates I have made over those years. I have a new career direction ahead of me that I trust will offer the same opportunities that were afforded me at Alico."


Simmons has for years been active in developing governmental contacts in Hendry county to allow more land and industrial development, and lead the charge to get tax exemptions for large manufacturing companies to add employees in the county. Simmons also helped form a quasi-governmental local development agency that is primarily funded by the Hendry Board of County Commissioners. His salary at Alico as chief financial officer was $167,000 last year and when stock options and other incentives are included topped $211,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment