Monday, November 05, 2012

Misters Romney And Obama, May The Best Man Win

Commentary by T.W. Bill Neville

LABELLE, FL. -- With the Presidential elections just hours away, I'm having mixed emotions. Sort of like watching Obama drive over that "infamous fiscal" cliff in my new "Government Motors Corporation" car.

In spite of the fact that the campaigns have been going on for over a year, under the heading of "Unfinished business" is the "Benghazi" disaster, and it looks like we won't know who and what was responsible until after the election. We lost an Ambassador and three other American heroes, because of some stupid anti-Muslim video. But, don't despair. all is not lost. I have just learned it was all in support of Obama's "shovel ready" stimulus plan. From hereon, if you want to qualify for an Ambassadorship, you have to be "shovel ready" and ready to go "underground" in the process of serving your country.

In review this is just one of the many "transforming of America" that has not received enough recognition and credit. I guess the media has been aggressively making sure that "free speech" has a price? Otherwise how can you explain that the law that says if you destroy just one Eagle egg, you can be fined $250,000 and sentenced to 2 years in prison. While if you kill an unborn baby girl, it's legal to kill her, and the Government is forcing all taxpayers to pay for her killing.

Maybe a quick review of the past 4 years might make some semblance of sense if you believe what Ben Franklin had to say. "He that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." That one really hit home as I was just beginning to feel good about myself finally arriving as a writer, when my mail today was addressed to "Occupant."

Oh, by the way, let me remind you if you don't vote, you've signaled your willingness to accept the loss of that privilege too. I know, you think that your vote won't count and make a difference. Let me leave you with quote from my dearly departed Father, "If you have a pulse, you have a purpose!" And may the "best" man win!

Mr. Neville is a guest columnist for Southwest Florida Online and the Sunday Morning News

1 comment: