Saturday, November 16, 2013

Home Visiting Program Graduates Eight Families



Families Graduate from Parenting Home Visiting Program

LABELLE, FL. -- On Monday November 4th, eight families graduated from the Healthy Families Program of the Florida Department of Health in Hendry County.

The families fulfilled the requirements by successfully completing home visits, demonstrating knowledge on their children’s development, keeping their children up-to-date with immunizations and well-child check-ups, developing and accomplishing goals for their families. Parents mastered the skills to provide a safe and nurturing environment for the children to learn and grow.

Maria Ramos attended the event as a graduating parent and had this to say: “I was scared to be a parent. I didn’t know much. I learned how to change a diaper and care for my baby. I learned how to do things with my children. I think I am a better parent because of what I learned in Healthy Families.”

The families enjoyed a dinner provided by United Way and the Kiwanis Club of LaBelle. For their accomplishments, parents received a certificate of completion, first aid kits and each child received a back pack.

Healthy Families is an intensive, long-term home visiting program that empowers high-risk parents towards self-sufficiency. To learn more about Healthy Families, call 863-674-4041 ext 149.

Pictured: Arlene Bettencourt, Advisory Committee Member, Diane Brown, Family Support Worker, graduating parent, Maria Ramos and daughters, Abigail and Angelica

No comments:

Post a Comment