Monday, February 06, 2012

Mark Chamberlain - Hendry Sheriff Candidate


An open letter from Mark Chamberlain, a candidate for Hendry County, Florida Sheriff

Dear Hendry County Citizens,
 
My name is Mark Chamberlain, a five-year resident of Clewiston. I'm a husband, the father of four great kids, the grandfather of one and a candidate for Sheriff of Hendry County. I recently completed a very blessed and wonderful career with the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office where I served our neighbors to the east for over twenty-six years. I made the decision to retire from the PBSO in order to put all of my experience, training, abilities and education to work as YOUR sheriff as I am greatly concerned with the future quality of life here in Hendry County.
 
While working at the PBSO, I held the ranks of deputy sheriff, sergeant, lieutenant and captain. I lead and guided deputy sheriffs since my first promotion in 1989 up until my retirement in December of last year. As a commander, I developed and oversaw budgets ranging from $8 to $35 million and I was responsible for divisions ranging from 65 to 425 employees. I am a state-certified law enforcement and corrections officer as well as a criminal justice instructor. I hold a Master's degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor's degree in Business administration.
 
I am the only candidate with over a quarter century of Sheriff's Office service and vast supervisory and leadership experience. I have spent my entire adult life working for five different sheriffs in Palm Beach County and I learned a great deal from each of them. I know first hand what works well in a sheriff's office and what doesn't. I know how to lead, inspire and motivate deputies to provide the best service to the citizens and visitors of our county.
 
If you have any questions or desire additional information, please contact me at 863-599-8844 or at mark@chamberlain4sheriff.com or visit my website at www.chamberlain4sheriff.com 
 
Thank you for taking the time to review this brief introduction, please take care and be safe.
 
Sincerely,
 
Mark R. Chamberlain

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 AM

    Not as impressive as he would lead anyone to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respectfully beg to differ. Mark is a genuinely good person with an impeccable reputation and unimpeachable integrity. He is the right person for the job in Hendry County. I can assure you, without any hesitation, that once he is elected to serve as your SHERIFF, you will be more than pleased with all that he brings to the people that travel through, work, and or reside in Hendry County.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:10 PM

    He has our votes. Not as impressive? Then in essence you just confirmed you do not know what the hell you are reading nor looking at.

    You are right about he doesnt have a criminal background, or arrests, or chew tabacco, or hog hunt for tv or such grandiose BS as the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:43 AM

    I think if you combined the experience and education of all of the other candidates they would still be lacking when compared to Mark. Mark will be an excellent Sheriff, and I proudly support him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:37 PM

    As usual, the people of Hendry County don't know a good thing when they see it. They are now lamenting not electing Mr. Chamberlain. I wish a news agency would take interest in Hendry County and produce an expose regarding the corruption and abuse of power - especially at the Sheriff's Dept. and the School Board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous, we are ready and able to check into any allegations anyone has about public officials. But because we can't read your mind, we have no idea what you may be referring to as far as any allegations of corruption.

    -Editor

    ReplyDelete